Monday, September 24, 2007

Ladie's Purse Knitting Pattern

Ladies Purse Knitting PatternMaterials: 2 skeins of black purse silk; 2 skeins of scarlet ditto; black jet beads; a steel clasp with chain; a tassel of black beads; 5 steel knitting-needles.

This purse is knitted with black and scarlet purse silk, and ornamented with black beads and a black bead tassel. Begin the purse with the black silk in the centre of the bottom part, and cast on for one part of it 7 stitches. Knit 14 rows on these backwards and forwards, in such a manner that the work is knitted on one side and purled on the other. The 1st stitch of every row is slipped, the 1st row of this part is purled. * On that side where hangs the thread with which you work take the back chain of the 7 selvedge stitches of the part you have just knitted on a separate needle, and knit another part, which must have 15 rows, and the 1st row of which is knitted. Repeat 10 times more from *. The stitches of several parts can be taken on the same needle, so as not to be hindered in working by too many needles. When the 12th part is completed, take the selvedge stitches on the left hand on another needle, cast them off together with the cast on stitches of the 1st part, and fasten the silk thread. Then take the 7 right-hand selvedge stitches of one black part on a needle, take the red silk on which the beads have been strung and work 15 rows on these stitches, the 1st row from the wrong side, and therefore purled; in the 1st, as well as in all the other purled rows, the last stitch must be purled together with the next stitch of the next black part. In the purled rows, moreover, excepting in the first and last one, a bead must be worked in after casting off the 2nd, 4th, and 6th stitches. The stitch must be worked by inserting the needle into the back part, and in drawing through the silk which has been thrown forward, let the bead slide through the stitch so that it is on the right side of the work. In the following knitted row, the needle must also be inserted into the back part of the bead stitch. When 12 such red parts have been completed, work again 12 black parts on the selvedge stitch of the same, in which the beads are not knitted in, but sewn on afterwards, when the purse is completed. Then work 3 times more alternately 12 red and 12 black parts; when the last 12 black parts have been completed cast off the stitches of the last black part together with the selvedge stitches, the 1st on the wrong side; the stitches of the 6th part are cast off in the same manner together with the selvedge stitches of the 7th. The red parts which remain to be worked on the black part are thus lessened by 2; the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, and the 7th, 8th, and 9th of these parts must be by 6 rows longer. Then gather all the stitches and selvedge stitches of the 10 parts on 2 needles, in such a manner that the 2 black parts, the stitches and selvedge stitches of which have been cast off together, are placed on the sides of the purse, and knit as follows with black silk, first on the stitches of the one needle, and then on those of the other:--1 row knitted, knitting together every 3rd and 4th stitch; then work 3 rows backwards and forwards on the same number of stitches, which must be knitted on the right side; then work 8 rows more in the same manner, casting off the 2 first stitches of the 8 rows. Then cast off all the remaining stitches, sew the beads on the black parts from illustration; also the clasp and bead tassel.

28 comments:

  1. Hurrah! At last I got a web site from where I be capable
    of genuinely take helpful information regarding my study
    and knowledge.

    Also visit my blog - Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was
    curious about your situation; many of us have created
    some nice practices and we are looking to swap techniques
    with other folks, be sure to shoot me an e-mail if interested.


    Here is my web page; wheelhousebikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure exactly why but this web site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: Authentic Kris Letang Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks a lot

    Check out my website - wealthwayonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time go to see at here and
    i am in fact happy to read all at one place.


    Feel free to visit my web page ... Louis Vuitton Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciating the dedication you put into your blog and in depth information
    you present. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same
    out of date rehashed information. Excellent read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.


    My webpage ... Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for birth

    Feel free to visit my homepage - Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could
    we communicate?

    My weblog: louis vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your site. You have some really great articles and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog in
    exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot
    me an e-mail if interested. Regards!

    My web blog: Oakley Frogskins

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not comment, however I browsed through a few comments on "Ladie's Purse Knitting Pattern".
    I do have 2 questions for you if you don't mind. Is it only me or does it look like some of these responses appear as if they are left by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting at other online social sites, I'd
    like to follow anything new you have to post.
    Would you list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your twitter feed,
    Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    Feel free to visit my web page: Evgeni Malkin Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been browsing online more than three hours lately, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

    Feel free to visit my weblog Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings! I've been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

    Check out my blog post :: Chaussure Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web site is in fact nice.



    My site :: Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnificent website. A lot of useful information here.
    I'm sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you in your sweat!

    Here is my web blog Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Extra Resources

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the right site for anybody who would
    like to find out about this topic. You know a whole
    lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa).
    You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject which has been discussed
    for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Look into my web page - Abercrombie Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely magnificent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

    My web-site Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  18. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I
    may as well check things out. I like what I see
    so now i'm following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.

    my web site: Tory Burch Flats

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you
    writing this post and also the rest of the site is also really good.


    Also visit my weblog; Nike Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can
    recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

    Here is my website: Discover More

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great content on
    our site. Keep up the good writing.

    Here is my web-site: More hints

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got
    to say. But maybe you could a little more in
    the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having
    1 or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?


    Look into my webpage Michael Kors Canada

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It's simple,
    yet effective. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a superb job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Safari. Exceptional Blog!

    Take a look at my homepage; Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying this information.


    my web-site :: Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?


    my site :: New Kobe Bryant Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's really a cool and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Stop by my webpage :: Nike Blazers Blue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.

    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers

    Visit my web blog: continue

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have read several excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking
    for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you
    place to make this sort of magnificent informative
    web site.

    Also visit my site New Kevin Durant Shoes

    ReplyDelete